What Is Rms Level In Audio, Pictures Of British Hoverflies, How To Maintain A Positive Attitude In Stressful Times, 2 Corinthians 4 Sermon, How To Tenderize Squirrel, Luminore Vs Lamarca, Box Squat To Back Squat Ratio, Glute Exercises For Men, Tp Link Tc-7610 Login, Motivational Influencer Meaning, Camping Near Carrollton Ohio, Origami Flower 2d, Pears Poached In Red Wine, Cardamom And Orange, Led Batten Light Dimmable, What Was The Importance Of The Battle Of Kettle Creek?, Temp Gauge Reads Hot When Cold, Shiplap In Bathroom, Temperate Rainforest Geography, 2019 Nissan Murano Sl For Sale, Wildflowers Adaptations In Temperate Deciduous Forest, Canyon Crest Academy Alumni, Gasoline Halsey Nightcore, United Nations International School, Models Of Evaluation, 2019 Toyota Tundra Bumper Covers, " />slang for friend

slang for friend

See more words with the same meaning: sexuality (related to). to let someone smoke a small amount of one's cigarette. I need to go to the loo.”. Boyfy: Slang abbreviation of “boyfriend”. I need some advice.”. on Apr 04 2009. Usage: "I've had enough. Now, the word ‘naff’ is used to mean that something is lacking in style or good taste. Submitted by Bev R. From terms of endearment to insults, names and useful yet funny Scottish lingo. Submitted by Anonymous ... It’s also what our North American friends call a bum. E.g. Last edited on Mar 07 2018. Faeces or an insult. ‘Cheeky’ has long been used in the UK to describe something light-hearted but a little rude or risqué. Origin: In the TV series “Lone Ranger”, Tonto (fictional Native American sidekick) often referred to the Lone Ranger as kemosabe, meaning “trusty scout”. I’m not getting paid until’ next week and I’m skint.”. One of our Facebook fans, Meg Henderson, tells us that the stottie is a cake of bread that was stotted (thrown) off the floor to see if it bounced, which showed it was ready. Not to be confused with "gannin' on the hoy", which means going out with the intention of consuming multiple alcoholic drinks, which could be related to the fact that "hoy up" also means to vomit. a Blood, i.e. A flatmate or roommate is someone who you share accommodation with. Note: Wow, this one has provoked some controversy! E.g. It may also be used in a situation where you’re not quite in a relationship, and you’re not quite friends – in the transition. ", Non Geordie translation: to pick or scratch, (NB: here sneck is meaning nose and not to be confused with its other meaning in 15 above as a lock for the netty door! Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Someone's twocked them.". Please note: some of these will be used in an ironic way or even in a non-ironic way but with the pretence that it's being said in an ironic way! Usage: “Wassup my youth, where you heading to bruv?”, Usage: “You lookin fine my little cheesemuffin!”; “What would I do without my cheesemuffin?”, Usage: “Me and my beau went out last night and had a fabulous time!”. Last edited on Apr 16 2013. Special thanks to the contributors of the open-source code that was used in this project: @krisk, @HubSpot, and @mongodb. on Oct 24 2005. It may also be used in a situation where you’re not quite in a relationship, and you’re not quite friends – in the transition. To pal about means to hang around with a friend and have fun. Fam – A group of friends who feels more like family. My better half: Slang for girlfriend/boyfriend or husband/wife. Submitted by Henry Bradley from Vallejo, CA, USA “I was so pissed off when I saw how pissed she got at the party.". Note: Wow, this one has provoked some controversy! E.g. Last edited on Dec 05 2012. Nothing to do with fried snacks, this one. However, it is now used to describe any activity that is a little bit naughty but nice. ", Non Geordie translation: generic proclamation of positivity or agreement. Chum is usually associated with old-fashioned English people. Note that this thesaurus is not in any way affiliated with Urban Dictionary. acronym for "best friend forever" or "best friends forever". Usage: "Look at that charva owa there, she thinks she's a right bobby dazzla. I'm gan yem to me scratcha. ", Non Geordie translation: friend, colleague, workmate, Usage: "Howay, man, marra, let's gan doon the pub for some beltas scran.". As you've probably noticed, the slang synonyms for "term" are listed above. an attractive close friend of the opposite sex used to gain the attention of prospective suitors when in public. Origin: In spanish it means “little girl”, or “petite” but in slang it translates to “shorty”. Submitted by Noneya I. Last edited on Aug 29 2002. Non Geordie translation: dirty, but can also mean bone idle when used to prefix lazy, Usage: "I was hacky lazy this morning, didn't get oot me scratcha (see 32) till gone 12. LOML: An acronym for “love of my life”. Usage: “He was acting like we were biffles, even though I hadn’t heard from him in years.”; “You will always be my biffle.”, Usage:  “My homeboy, Santiago, will take care of you – just tell him I sent you.”, Origin: Etymologists generally trace this term to Mexican-American “, Usage: “Hey homeslice, how much cheddah do I owe you?”; “I’m just lookin’ after my home slice here”, Usage: “We are BFFs and we always will be.”, Usage: “Hey fool you wanna play some b-ball?”. A friend is honest and makes you want to be honest, too. The Tyne Bridge; Longsands beach in Tynemouth; The Angel of the North and the Millennium Bridge; (inset) a bag of Tudor crisps, When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. ), Non Geordie translation: imbecile, buffoon or doylem, Usage: "Me nappa's knacking off gannin' on the hoy. Non Geordie translation: various. Want to learn to speak like a true Brit? Check out our online English language courses and find classes with native speakers. a member of the Bloods gang. on Nov 04 2007. Last edited on May 02 2011. Classmate describes a person who you study with at school. Do you have a word we’re missing? Usage: "Howay, man, marra, let's gan doon the pub for some beltas scran." Origin: Comes from the term “brethren”, meaning “brothers”. 33 extinct Geordie sayings which are so funny they should be brought back, Check out our North East periodic table - a celebration of life in the region, Geordie put-downs: The wittiest North East ways to put you in your place, How to get ChronicleLive's top stories sent straight to your inbox with our newsletters, Can you pronounce these tricky North East place names? Usage: anytime you want to agree with someone without resorting to a boring "yes". In the UK, pissed means drunk and pissed off means angry. Popular Slang Searches Urban Thesaurus. We are here Monday – Friday 8am-8pm and Weekends 1pm-5pm. This website is operated by BSC Group Limited, a company registered in England & Wales. explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. To expand these results, click one of the above categories. His famous friends include Piglet and Eeyore. Your email address will not be published. See also, an offensive way to refer to someone of either gender. Beat – To have a full face of makeup. Giz a bag o' crisps.". ", Non Geordie translation: please let me have a quick peek or look at what you're doing, Usage: "Giz a deek at ya cornet, you've got more monkey's blood than me. Submitted by Tintinni Here the top 80 most used Irish slang phrases. Origin: The term “ace boon” means “top notch; helpful”, and coon is a perjorative term for a dark-skinned person. The higher the terms are in the list, the more likely that they're relevant to the word or phrase that you searched for. “Did you hear that Lisa snogged Pete at the Christmas party?”. “Just go and ask them out! on May 03 2017. (What’s goin’ on, star?)”. You’re just as likely to call someone ‘mate’ when they're your friend as when they're annoying you. E.g. Non Geordie translation: gym shoes commonly worn in school PE lessons, Usage: "Someone's twocked me jabs an' all (see 28), man!".

What Is Rms Level In Audio, Pictures Of British Hoverflies, How To Maintain A Positive Attitude In Stressful Times, 2 Corinthians 4 Sermon, How To Tenderize Squirrel, Luminore Vs Lamarca, Box Squat To Back Squat Ratio, Glute Exercises For Men, Tp Link Tc-7610 Login, Motivational Influencer Meaning, Camping Near Carrollton Ohio, Origami Flower 2d, Pears Poached In Red Wine, Cardamom And Orange, Led Batten Light Dimmable, What Was The Importance Of The Battle Of Kettle Creek?, Temp Gauge Reads Hot When Cold, Shiplap In Bathroom, Temperate Rainforest Geography, 2019 Nissan Murano Sl For Sale, Wildflowers Adaptations In Temperate Deciduous Forest, Canyon Crest Academy Alumni, Gasoline Halsey Nightcore, United Nations International School, Models Of Evaluation, 2019 Toyota Tundra Bumper Covers,

About the Author

Leave a Reply